Sunday, November 25, 2012

Homemade Maple Syrup

This is a quick recipe when you are in need of some maple syrup for pancakes, waffles, or other breakfast items. I found myself out of syrup one morning and my son wanted pancakes (again). I had remembered my mother-in-law making it when we were visiting and it tasted great so I thought I would give it a try. Now, I don't buy syrup. I usually have all the items in my pantry so I just make it and then store it in the refrigerator.  


Ingredients: 1c brown sugar, 1c white sugar, 1c water, and 1T pure maple extract.
Pour brown sugar, white sugar, and water into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil.
Once ingredients reach a rolling boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
Simmer for three minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the maple extract.
Syrup will be a thin consistency.  Store in a glass jar with a lid in the refrigerator.  Syrup thickens some after chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment