Sunday, December 2, 2012

Vanilla Granola

My family and I enjoy our fair share of granola.  I eat it mixed with my yogurt for breakfast.  It's also good warm on ice cream or sprinkled over baked fruit for an added crunch.  My three year old loves it as a snack.  My husband usually has a cup with a glass of milk before bed.  Before discovering this recipe, I was spending $4-$5 for a bag of granola.  Now, I make this weekly and put it in a plastic bag for the week.  I have most ingredients readily available, so it makes it simple.  

You will need honey, cinnamon, pure vanilla, sliced almonds, quick oatmeal, and vegetable oil.

Mix 1 cup of sliced almonds, 2 cups of quick cooking oats, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a bowl.  

Mix 5 Tablespoons of vegetable oil, 2 Tablespoons of honey, and 1 Tablespoon of vanilla in a separate bowl.

Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix together well.
Pour granola on a baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Time may vary depending on oven.
Stir once during cooking.
Let cooked granola cool in the pan and store in plastic bag when cooled.



No comments:

Post a Comment