Saturday, December 15, 2012

Peppermint Candy Cane Bark

I love making candy for Christmas.  I especially enjoy making candy that my three-year-old can help me with.  His job today was smashing the candy canes.  I am not a professional candy maker, so I try and find recipes that are easy and tasty.  This recipe definitely fits both requirements.


First, start by smashing some candy canes in a plastic bag.  I used four candy canes in this recipe, but it is a personal preference.

Great job!

Next, pour some white vanilla candy melts into a microwavable bowl.  I used a 12oz bag Wilton Candy Melts because they melt so smoothly and taste good.
12 oz bag of Wilton Candy Melts

At 50% power, I microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between.  
The chocolate mixture will be smooth after stirring.  This is what it looks like after about two minutes.
 Next, pour in your smashed peppermint candy canes and stir.
My little guy likes to help with this part too.
Pour onto a waxed lined cookie sheet and spread the mixture.  Place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.  Once set, break the bark into pieces.

Finished Peppermint Candy Cane Bark.

I like to put them in holiday bags and give them to co-workers and family as gifts.



No comments:

Post a Comment